With apologies to Janie for taking more than a week to respond to her tag and maybe for not being quite as funny as she flatteringly said I might could be, I offer my "7 Things About Me" list, which Eric says is sweeping the world.
- When I was 15 I had a total thyroidectomy to remove a cancerous tumor in my neck. Dec. 15, 1975. Parkland Memorial Hospital.
- I once drove 250 miles to The Summit in Houston to see a repeat performance THE NEXT DAY of the Doobie Brothers' "One Step Closer" tour that I had just seen in Reunion Arena (I do not advise wasting money like that).
- I met my wife Karen at the Electric Cowboy in College Station Texas. I was working as a DJ; she was drinking water. We were not then nor are we now Aggies. But we do have a few friends who are.
- One week out of high school, I flew to Los Angeles to perform at The Comedy Store with the notion that I was going to reinvent the comedy world. I was unsuccessful. To the point of having such a bad case of the nerves, I did not even GO INTO The Comedy Store.
- My childhood best friend is running for U.S. Congress in suburban Denver. We will discuss strategy next week during a visit :)
- One time when I interviewed Dallas Cowboy Bill Bates when he was on a goodwill tour that brought him to Midland, I was so star struck that when he stuck out his hand and said "Hi, I'm Bill Bates," I stuck out my hand and said "Hi, "I'm Bill Bates" too.
- My only regret in life is that I did not pursue my full-ride musical scholarship to Baylor University and did not become a symphony conductor. But if I had done that, I would not have the blessed life and beautiful family that I have been given.
- And finally (since we're for some reason supposed to include 8 and not 7): The Boy, now 13, now has a voice deeper than his father's.